Sunday, February 13, 2005

Warm days

One of the few good things about being in Minnesota is that you become so desensitized about cold weather that even 40 degrees feels like a summer day. So when you have two weekends of this, we feel like spring is here. Too bad it isn't.

The kicker is that it makes you remember all of the things you would rather be doing than trudging through the cold and dodging potholes. Like softball. Or bike riding. Or walking without coats. Only a couple more months, I suppose.

Next station:
My sister has noted that my wife and I are awaiting delivery of a new iPod Shuffle. This one is for my wife, and illustrates quite brilliantly the differences between our personalities. For instance:
Wife = doesn't care about what is on the device, will happily hit "forward"
Me = wants everything I own on the iPod
* this accounts for the 40x difference in capacity; she would be happy with only the new Gwen Stefani album anyways

Wife = wants it small, with no cords
Me = who cares (within reason), that's why I have a bag
* I find this ironic, since she is the one with the purse

Wife = needed a USB key drive
Me = needed more total capacity to raise my personal totals of hard drive space (now at 370 GB, give or take a few)
* I'm a dork

Wife = Does not seem to mind that it will take another two weeks for the iPod to get here
Me = I am checking 'shipping status' daily for her, losing more hair
* self-explanatory, I miss the hair

1 Comments:

Blogger Runtiness said...

Of course you're a dork, Chris. We're all dorks. That's what this clan is all about-- We're dorks, and proud of that fact.

February 13, 2005 at 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home